Tuesday, February 17, 2015

But the Greatest of These is Love

I'll spare you any cheesy Valentine's Day updates. But but but...I wanted to show you how pretty I wrapped Russell's present. I am more proud of my wrapping and how I decorated it than I am of its actual contents:


That is real brown bag wrapping. Like, it's a Sprout's brown grocery bag and I ripped off the handles then used the bag as wrapping. Then I stamped it all pretty with pink paint. It made me sad to see Russell excitedly tear through the wrapping because it was so pretty.

Russell has had a work project causing him to work a lot this past week--while he was sick, booo. So it was a treat that this weekend, Russell had planned a little getaway weekend for us in Pasadena. I got to see the Huntington Library & Botanical Gardens finally! I've been wanting to go since my Chaucer professor in college told us about the original Canterbury Tales resting in the Huntington Library on display. That was a treat to see.

Lots of food was eaten, googly eyes were given, presents exchanged, etc. etc.

I believe in holidays and anniversaries. I believe in celebrating the little things in life, and especially the little things in marriage. Valentine's Day is wonderful in ways that allow us to celebrate love and to shower that love on our friends and family. While I enjoyed the presents and the trip, I need to end this blog post stating that the greatest thing throughout this weekend was love. And without God, we wouldn't have this kind of love.

Agape

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails...And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.   
1 Corinthians 13:4-13

No comments:

Post a Comment