Saturday, August 3, 2013

Friday Funday

This last Friday, Russell and I decided to take one full day and make it a celebration day. We dubbed it Friday Funday!

On Thursday night, we camped out in our living room. We dragged all our beddings from our bed and made a comfy little blanket-bed on our living room floor. Instead of waking up to our bedroom surroundings, we woke up to a nice view of our dining table on Friday morning. It's nice to have a change of scenery once in awhile. I didn't have work this week and Russell decided to take Friday off work so that we can spend a three day weekend together.

Our first stop on Friday morning was to grab brunch at one of my favorite breakfast places--the Original House of Pancakes.

I got my usual, the giant German Pancakes:

It's bigger than my head.
Afterwards, we decided to go bowling. Because, you know, who else goes bowling on a Friday workday? It was wonderfully empty except for a birthday party happening. Needless to say, Russell won all of the rounds.

Russell bowling.

Our day didn't end there. Nope. We then went to the movies where we watched The Great Gatsby.

At around 5 pm, we decided to grocery shop for our dinner. We were feeling pretty adventurous so we bought some mussels and shrimp to cook at home. Russell sautéed the shrimp (mmm) and we made baked mussels (yum). It was delicious and luckily, Russell took pictures before we gobbled it all up.

Appetizers:

Shrimp.

Salad. We needed some greens.
Main Course:

Baked mussels.

We also had some garlic bread.

It was a long and fun day. Our celebration weekend is still continuing. While I'm writing this blog, Russell is painting. We were out and about most of Friday so we decided Saturday would be a relaxing day in. We also painted our bookshelf yellow earlier this morning. Pictures soon to come.

Now reasons why we are having a celebration weekend...God has been so good. So many blessings have been pouring in, reminding us not to worry about anything but to pray about everything. God continues to supply all our needs.

This past week, Russell got a new title at his work: Director of Motion Graphics. Woo! Russell is a creative and innovative guy and it's absolutely awesome seeing him use his talents for a job he loves.

As for me, I start a new job on Monday. I'll be a Marketing Coordinator, and I'm excited for the new opportunities I get.  I was able to take a one week vacation in between switching jobs which allowed me to spend quality time with lots of different people.

It's an exciting period in our lives right now. There are just so many things to write about! We are now part of a new church where we get to live our lives with a new community group. The people we have been meeting are so encouraging and lively and...happy. It's the kind of joy that reminds you that God is good.

Alright, time for me to end this lengthy blog post and continue my celebration weekend with Russ.

No comments:

Post a Comment