I was scrolling down my tumblr dashboard feed when this came up. Bernadette, this seriously made me smile. Thank you.
As of right now, I am still on happy mode and everything is super fun. Making lists, budgeting, and daydreaming is all great right now. But that can also be because it's been less than a week...
A lot of things are up in the air currently, and Russ and I are trying to tackle big things first before actually planning the details. I still cannot believe that this is happening. So right now (before I start making more excel sheets about what needs to be done, planned, etc.), nothing can really be done except for prayer.
What we need:
- To decide on who we want to do our pre-marital counseling (super important).
- To be patient with my mom as she slowly (slowly) tells my relatives. Besides that, my parents have been so nice and encouraging that I feel like I'm going to be crying a lot the next few months.
- To remember to enjoy this season of life if planning ever gets too stressful.
- To be patient with not just the people around us, but with each other as well.
- To trust God with the budget we have—and to remember that it's about the marriage and not just the wedding