Thursday, May 1, 2014

One Year Anniversary



Russell and I celebrated our one year anniversary on April 27th! I can't believe it's been one year already. To sound cliché, time has flown by. Seriously, being married to this man is wonderful. I can only wait for more years with him.

For our anniversary, Russ and I decided to go to Cabo San Lucas, Mexico. His dad owns a bed and breakfast there and he kindly let us stay for free. Our days consisted of eating good Mexican food, going to the beach, and taking lots of siestas. A great break from work and everyday life since Russ has been working 10+ hour days for a work project. It was relaxing to sit at the beach for the sole purpose of listening to the waves and enjoying each other's company.

The water wasn't as warm as it looked.

Coconut Shrimp  
How pretty is this doorway that Russell's dad designed??

Lots of chips and salsa
We even ran into some people we knew while walking around the streets of Cabo. Talk about a small world! We had dinner with them and chatted for awhile. I think we all agreed that Cabo is a good vacation spot for relaxing and getting away.

Oh and on another exciting note, as a present to me for our one-year anniversary, Russ got us plane tickets to New York City and tickets to watch The Phantom of the Opera on broadway this August. I may have cried when I opened my present. How amazing is this?? We're not going until August since we have quite a bit of traveling to do in the summer but I'm already excited. My husband is full of surprises.

It's been quite a year. There have been so many blessings, so many changed plans, a few chaotic moments, and a lot of love. This amazing thing called marriage keeps me swooning head-over-heals in love. You can name every clichéd lovey-dovey phrase and I can guarantee you that I've felt that way at least once this past year. So much feelings. So much joy.

Happy Anniversary, Russ. God has blessed me with such an amazing man, a leader and a warrior. A lover and a companion. I can never be grateful enough.





No comments:

Post a Comment