The toy train and the banner were also Russell's when he used to live in Reno. His family are insane Christmas decorators. His entire family goes all out on Christmas, and it's nice to have little decorations that used to hang in his childhood home this time of year.
|Coffee Table Centerpiece. |
Top: Top View | Bottom: Side View
|Coat Rack. Representing the Gryffindor scarf.|
Gotta put little ornaments on our houseplants. Russell's grandma knitted us that white circle Christmas decoration. The red yarn is mine since I am also trying to knit little Christmas decorations.
|His & Hers Stockings|
Loving our mantel. We had so much white space above the fireplace, so I hung little Christmas ornaments across it using fishing line. Total money saver and an easy DIY.
Also hung little blue snowflakes across our windows. The only way we'll get snow in this part of Southern California.
This also used to belong to Russell's parents. It's currently hanging in our kitchen.
|Oh Christmas Tree|
|My Favorite Christmas Ornament|
Every year, we get a new ornament for the tree. This ornament was from our first Christmas together as a married couple. Also an easy DIY (buy a clear ornament, print out a picture, stuff it in ornament, then fill the extra space behind the picture with cotton balls).
|Lewis as Grumpy Santa|
- Wreath on door: I made this last year as part of a wreath-decorating contest in a company I worked for. I got second place :)
- Christmas pillow cases: Sewed new cases from extra fabric I had lying around.
- Quilt/blanket: Quilt on the couch was the one Russell's mom made me for one of my birthdays.
- Stockings: Russell's stocking was made by his mom; it's the same stocking he had growing up.
- Red Mat on coffee table: From an easy sewing project
- Mantel Ornaments and Blue Snowflakes: Made from fishing line and old Christmas ornaments from our first Christmas together!
- Yarn and Twine wrapped around tree: Self-explanatory