Sunday, August 3, 2014

Sanga Wedding | July 12, 2014

Pictures from the Sanga wedding in July! Pretty bride, happy older brother, and lots of smiling between the new couple.

During this wedding, I realized that I like being a bridesmaid. I like standing back and observing the rituals/traditions, the ceremony, and the family while still being able to be part of the inner wedding circle. I get to see the in's and out's. When I was a bride, I barely noticed anything since I was too busy with everything. When I'm a guest, I get to watch the ceremony and participate in the reception. But as part of the wedding party, I get to see the bride put on her gown, I get to see her mom and sister get teary-eyed, I get to help her put on her gown, etc. It's all these precious little moments that I get to witness. It's wonderful and different.

I'll stop rambling now. Here are a few pictures:
The Church

Left: Angela with her mom and eldest sister
Right: Angela with her older sister, minutes before the ceremony

Photoshoot after the ceremony!
Hi
The toasts
I should say that my little brother--who was the best man--gave one awesome toast. None of us saw it coming. It was hilarious, it was brutal, it was genuine. Before the wedding he told me he had notecards with him, but when it was his turn to speak, he didn't use any. He just spoke and I think the entire Sanga clan teared up a little. Way to go, James!

The married couple smearing cake on each other. Then, Angela helping Kenzo clean it off. Sweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment