Sunday, June 2, 2013

The Honeymoon Stage

I've been slacking on the blog posts but I have a good reason! -- Marriage life is bliss. I love being married. People have come up and asked me how the married life is going and I tell them how much fun it is and that I absolutely love marriage. Many of them share my excitement but I've gotten a few soft smiles followed by, "You're in the honeymoon stage." I'm sure these statements were said with the best intentions and I can only nod and agree wholeheartedly. I love Russell so much that I feel like my heart is going to explode and bleed all over my chest. I hope this feeling is forever. I look at my parents and so many other married couples around me who are still crazy in love with their spouse, and I see for a fact that the honeymoon stage can indeed last 10, 20, even 50 years. I pray that we will be one of these couples.

This is of course not to say that it will be an easy road. Already, Russell and I have hit a few bumps. We're learning. And thank God (for real, thank you God) for forgiveness, and grace, and mercy. If anything, marriage has taught us more about God's unconditional love. As humans, we're constantly messing up but it doesn't lessen the fact that we have an abundance of grace and love from God and for each other.

Currently, Russell and I are looking for a home church and a small group we can find community in. We're actually trying out a small group this Tuesday and we're so excited. It's been so long since we've been in a small group and we miss the intimacy of testimonies being shared and life being lived together. We're keeping our hearts open to the possibilities God will bring our way. We have so many desires in our hearts and we can't wait to see what God will do with them and where he will place us. Please keep us in your prayers!

Marriage has been such a blessing. I love being able to go home with my best friend and share everyday moments with him. From eating breakfast while I am still half-asleep to washing the dishes together, it's all so new and so...cool! We can't wait to see what God will do with this marriage and how he'll grow us. It's wonderful to know I have the best spouse to experience life with from here on out.


No comments:

Post a Comment