Monday, September 29, 2014

My Husband, the Gardener

We have a small patio in our apartment but that doesn't stop Russell from growing a whole bunch of fun things.

Here's a few plants growing in our balcony:

Peppers





Herbs
Mint
Basil
Thyme

Green Onions and Tomatoes 

No tomatoes pictured

Papaya
Grown from seed from my dad's papaya tree

Cantaloupe
Don't ask.

And...Tea plants

Lemongrass, chamomile, catnip, a bunch of other ones with names I forgot

We actually just had our first cup of tea harvested from our own tea plants! Mmm. I've asked Russell to grow me some lettuce but so far those seeds haven't sprouted. Also, he's planted me some flowers upon my request and they've grown, blossomed...and died. So looks like we will stick to planting edible plants which is a-ok by me.

No comments:

Post a Comment