Monday, June 4, 2012

Tuesdays

Article: I Want A Tuesday Kind Of Love | Thought Catalog

I love this piece. I've always found Tuesdays a bit romantic, ever since I heard "You Belong With Me" by Taylor Swift and I developed a weird attachment to the seemingly ordinary lyric "it's a typical Tuesday night."

For about three years, I would work Tuesday night (a.k.a. Kid's Night) at Chick-fil-A and it was always hectic, always busy, always tiring. For me, my typical Tuesday night was working a busy long night, sometimes wearing the Chick-fil-A cow mascot costume, and occasionally mopping vomit off the floor. Until one day, I got the day off (not typical) and Russell read me a poem on a balcony and asked me to be his girlfriend. Ever since then, it has been a Tuesday kind of love. Hectic, yet absolutely lovely.

No comments:

Post a Comment